In this time of physical distancing and closed buildings, we can still share the love of Christ by serving our neighbors. There are 3 opportunities available in the next few weeks to serve in the community – from your own home or in outdoor, risk-reduced settings. Please consider helping others in one of these ways:
Sort or Distribute Donations at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church
The aftermath of George Floyd’s death left many people along Lake Street in Minneapolis without places to buy food and household goods. Holy Trinity Lutheran Church has stepped up to fill that need, with community help.
- Join us at Holy Trinity on Monday, July 27, at 9:30-noon or 11:30-2:30
- Indoor and outdoor tasks are available, and masks are required
- Volunteers must be 15+
- Sign up for your shift through Holy Trinity and note Immanuel Lutheran in the comments
- Consider bringing body wash or bars of soap for distribution July 29
Pack Care Bags for Homeless Teens
We have a number of supplies to create handout bags for homeless youth served by StreetWorks outreach teams. Michelle and Emily are looking for youth to help divide up bulk items and deliver them to homes and families to assemble the individual kits. Or, your household can use the LSS website for ideas to create your own. We’ll collect the bags at the church by August 2 and deliver them to LSS.
Provide Children with School Supplies
Our annual School Tools drive will look a little different this year but still has the same goal: to provide children with the supplies they need to learn in the fall.
You can find a list of needed supplies HERE.
You can purchase tools in three ways:
- Head to any store that sells school supplies (with a mask and a list so you can shop quickly) to purchase the supplies
- Go online and purchase supplies and have them delivered to the church before August 18. (104 S. Snelling Ave, Saint Paul, MN 55105)
- Mail or bring a check to the church made out to Interfaith Action, putting “School Tools” in the memo line.
You can drive up and drop off school supplies or checks on August 9 & 16 from 11am to 1pm in the church parking lot. There will be a volunteer to receive your donation. If you need to bring them at another time, there will be a collection bin by the parking-lot door.