God’s people at Immanuel have reason to rejoice!
The past two years have been filled with uncertainty and grief. We have faced pandemic, social unrest and economic uncertainty. But God is faithful and has helped the Immanuel community face challenges with resilience and creativity. We are stepping into the future with hope.
With funds from the Rejoice! campaign, we have the opportunity to:
- Pay off our mortgage. When this capital campaign begins in May 2022, we will owe approximately $140,000 on a $1.7 million mortgage (not including interest.) With your support, we can pay it off on or before June 2023 and be debt free. Thanks be to God!
- Create a maintenance fund for known and anticipated costs for the upkeep of the church building. We want to ensure the faithful investments you have made in the building in the past are properly stewarded so we might pass those investments on to future generations. There are several “large ticket” items that this maintenance fund will enable, which total over $300,000, including:
- phased replacement of the roof over various parts of the church
- maintenance and repair of the air conditioning system
- replacement/repair of boilers
- potential updates to the elevator system to ensure compliance with local ordinances
- Participate in the St Paul Area Synod’s Planting Hope campaign raising funds to:
- raise up new leaders for the church
- enrich evangelism efforts with a goal of 10,000 baptisms
- renew congregations within the synod
- partner with Lutheran Social Services to expand the Families Together Therapeutic Preschool to the East Side of St. Paul, giving more children a chance to succeed
With everyone’s participation, Immanuel Lutheran Church will continue to be a congregation that is nurturing faith and Christian life for all ages, providing space for all our neighbors to gather, and reaching out in the community in love and hope.
Thank you for your participation and your partnership!